Here are the differences compared to the calendar plugin.
- No need to rebuild the page containing the calendar each time day changes, or a page (indexed by the calendar) is added, changed or deleted. This is particularly useful if you want to have this calendar in the sidebar.
- Handles the case where several pages appear the same day: a popup appear to let user choose the day he wants.
- Smooth navigation among months.
- Most of options are defined in Ikiwiki's setup files instead of the options of the directive.
- As a consequence, every calendar of the wiki must index the same set of pages.
You can see this plugin in action on our website. To see what happens when several pages happens on the same day, check the 15th of March 2012.